Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just start already!

This is what I have to yell to myself. Starting a blog feels like opening a book to the middle and telling you the story from there. And somehow that is part of the reason I have not been able to commit to one thus far. However, life would have it that I am out of writing venues. For the first time in many years, I have no one for whom to write, at least not officially. This coupled with two things has led me to start a blog: one, the clear, compelling reality that I need to write; and two, that a couple of friends who know my strengths best - often better than I know them - encouraged me to. Truthfully, this encouragement has only boiled down what I already know, in my spirit, in my heart of hearts. God is at work in and around my life and I am a witness. If I am anything at all, this is who I am. Witnesses testify and give evidence for what they believe to be true. The Bible describes us as witnesses, many times exhorting us to tell what we've seen and heard, even "to the ends of the earth". Good thing I love words.

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne Saunders2/17/10, 10:31 PM

    Leslie,
    So glad you are doing this. Bon courage to you as the French say!! I look forward to reading your posts.
    Love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete