Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Super excited

I don't know if you noticed, but the other day I realized that the header photo of me above looks like I'm waiting outside of a prison. I'm not. I don't even know anyone in prison. I happen to be at the fish hatchery in Ventura county, one stop we made on our trip to Ojai last spring. (Tangent I can't resist: the fish hatchery is super cool. My parents took us there as kids every time we would drive up to Ventura or Channel Islands. Where else can you see thousands of rainbow trout swimming together? Plus you can feed them with fish food pellets dispensed from one of those candy machines where you drop in a quarter and twist. Who doesn't love those?)

Back to the photo situation. You may be asking yourself why I've used the photo of me at the fish hatchery for my blog header. Plainly, no good photos of me exist because I am the only one in my family who really takes any. That means I am usually not IN any, unless I ask to be, which results in semi-lame, posed pictures of someone else and me. Or fish and me (I cropped the fish out of the above). Not my favorite.

Today I'm super excited about the fact that my pal Shauna (as featured below) is becoming quite an amazing photographer and took some photos of me especially for my blog. Aren't I lucky? Just you wait. Very soon, this blog is going to jump up in coolness, and you'll feel even cooler just witnessing it. Did I mention I was super excited? So are the trout, see? OK, maybe I just threw them some pellets. But they are excited nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment