Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grace on a Thursday: in YOUR words?



So friends.

Do you know that this little series known as Grace on a Thursday began in March of last year? I was so surprised the other day to discover I have over sixty posts with the tag Grace on a Thursday. Isn't that awesome? I was looking because I wonder...I just wonder...if someday I might compile them. Maybe create a collection. Dare I say...publish them. (typed really quietly so that maybe no one even heard me say it.)

But still, even in so many posts, have I even scratched the surface of what God's grace is? I love this line from one of my favorite Christian songs called "What do I know of holy?" by Addison Road:

What do I know of you, who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood, but the shores along your ocean?  

My personal experience is so limited. I'm only 37, for goodness sakes. I am honestly a girl standing on the shore along an ocean of God's grace. How much of it can I possibly see from here?

And so I thought I'd look to you.

I wonder what you think of when you hear the word "grace."

I wonder how you've experienced it. Or shown it. Or lived and breathed by it during a dark chapter of your story.

I wonder how grace has rescued you.

I know it's rescued me, many times. And continues to, like at 5 o'clock when I haven't started dinner and someone is calling my name every thirty seconds. And when I'm so lonely. And when I've said a harsh word I wish I could quickly breathe back in.

If you have thoughts on grace or a story about how you've experienced it that you'd like to share with me, I'd love to hear them. Maybe it's a person who's lived grace when you needed it most. Maybe it was a season of strength you wouldn't have otherwise had to make it through a hard time. Maybe grace was the hardest gift you ever learned to give.

If your words are too many for a comment, you can find my email address by clicking the "email" button on the right sidebar. Please include the word "grace" in the subject line so I can spot your email quickly.

Your words, if you decide to share them with me, will be treasured and kept confidential. And I will do my very best to reply to each of you.
One of these days, Grace on a Thursday may become something more than a blog series. I'd love for you to be a part of that with me.

I wonder what God will do with our His stories of grace.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment