Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waffles and Tron. Yes, Tron.


Wow, it's been a long time. We are officially not only back from our trip, but over the hump of jet-lag, laundry pile-up, and recovered from the general reorientation that needs to take place after being away from home for almost 2 weeks. In terms of the kids, I call this window of chaos "detox." And I was just thinking there are so many funny cliches people have come up with to say that they've returned from something:

Back in the saddle.
Back on the map.
Back to business.
Back to the real world.
Back to the grind.

And the most trendy: Back on the grid.

You've heard this, right? It refers to the fact that for a while, you were off the electronic map - you temporarily cut ties with your cell phone, email, internet, Facebook....you digitally vanished from your regular life. And I'm sure when you males use the phrase "off the grid" or "back on the grid," you are imagining the grid to be a sort of Tron-like dimension of coolness where everyone is logged in and happy.

But just so you know, when I think of myself as "back on the grid," what I'm imagining is closer to a Belgian waffle. Every nook is beautifully crafted, smells delicious, and needs to be shared.

And I have a lot to share about the last few weeks! I am not even sure where to start, because what is going on TODAY and the rapidly approaching future (a.k.a back-to-school) is also begging for conversation as well. All the potential blog posts are like little orphan puppies saying "Pick me, pick me!"

I'll adopt one tomorrow. Promise.

In the meantime, appreciate some Tron. It could be the cheesiest thing ever, but Tron still holds a small place in the seven year-old part of my heart. I'm not ashamed.

OK, I am a little. But the 1982 Jeff Bridges being a super hot lightbike driver is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment