Saturday, April 27, 2013

Updates on all of the things



Friends.

I must say that you are a WEALTH of cold weather living information! I am so very grateful to each of you who emailed me or commented on my last post with advice. I need to sit down and digest all the recommendations and try some stuff. I'm excited to have so many ideas in my arsenal now for my family. So thank you so much. Your words were exactly what I needed.

So for some other business, in all the unpacking, I'm finding the need to thin out my closet. And I'm finding a lot of good stuff, but I'm forcing myself to simplify, so I'm going to be posting some of it on my Instagram feed for sale. There is a lot of cute and perfect condition stuff, much from Anthropologie, and I don't just want to donate it. So if you're around my size and on Instagram, look me up at "leslie_padgett". Most tops and jackets are smalls, pants are 2 or 4, and I even have an Anthro duvet cover to sell. Just so I'm not flooding every one's feed with stuff, I will be listing only a few things a day.


After that, I'll be listing my remaining inventory of Tidbit clothing, which was the clothing line my friend Shauna and I made and sold for three years. Here's baby Lily modeling some of it. It's all brand new clothing, blankets and bright, decorative pillows for girls aged toddler through about 8 yrs. And most of it is perfect for spring. It will pain me to part with the rest of it, even though I don't have a little girl to fit into anything anymore (sniff). I want every bit of it to be gone, so it will be priced to sell. If you're interested, follow me on Instagram. Also I won't accept you if you're a dude named Guido1990 who forget to wear a shirt in your profile pic.

Speaking of following, I heard that Google Reader is closing down. Or maybe it has already. If you're looking for a new way to follow my blog, Bloglovin' is a great way to organize all your favorite blogs into one place. I like the format over there. Here's the link if' you want an alternative to Google Reader. Also, you can always subscribe via email by clicking the orange RSS button on the right side bar and entering your email address when prompted. Then, you'll get an email every time I post.

As for 101 Wednesdays, I wish I could promise a restart date. I'm sorry. It's all I can do over here to unpack, find new normals for our daily routines, and locate all the things we need in our new town. Thankfully, this weekend is promising warm weather (!) and so the challenge of staying warm is off the table for the time being.

I will say that on Monday, I'm going to be blogging a challenge to you for next week. Did you know that next Thursday is the National Day of Prayer? Well, based on that, God has stirred up something in my heart recently, and I feel passionate about sharing it with you. I hope you'll be back Monday.



And one last thing...have you made your own Passion Tea Lemonade yet like they have at Starbucks? Instead of just giving my kids lemonade, it's a version full of antioxidants. You can use any hibiscus tea, but the Tazo variety has other beneficial herbal things in it like rose hips. I just brew one tea pot full of tea using three tea bags, letting it steep for about 10 minutes. Then I combine equal parts tea and lemonade. I buy natural lemonade (no high fructose corn syrup!) and then pour the whole carton, plus the whole pot of tea into my dispenser. It look so pretty that my kids want it all the time.

It's easy peasy and tastes like summer - something we're all looking forward to.

Have a great weekend, pals.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. PTL! That is good tea, and I love that it makes me think you and of course of praising The Lord. Perfect excuses to go buy the ingredients.

    Glad you got some great info-been praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mkay so for the underprivileged ones of us that cant be on Instafram, is there any chance we can get a preview of whats up for grabs? Are you clearing out just your clothing or accessories / bags too? Cuz im seriously interested. I also migt want a Tidbit blankie. I talked to shauna about it ages ago and then forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummy!!!
    thanks for the tea idea!
    my kids and i would LOVE that!!!
    so glad you are settling in nicely and i WISH i cold fit into your clothes...i would SO be on that sale STAT!
    i'm off to email you right now. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the bloglovin' tip. I've been worried since I heard google reader was shutting down. :-)

    ReplyDelete