Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Sweet Potato Soup and Fighting Giants

Happy Sunday, friends.

One.

Make this soup.

It's easy, cheap, and delish.  I tried it last night and it was amazing.

Two.

I guest posted at Amanda's blog last week as she headed out to the Influence conference. I shared a post I came across in my archives from about a year and a half ago. Before she'd asked me to guest post, I had happened upon it, and God used His words to speak to me again. So I revisited the post, and found it was perfect for Amanda's space and her Desire to Inspire series.

I wrote it at a time I was feeling quite small and helpless in light of the big battles that existed in my life. So it's about that. Fighting giants and finding faith. If you're on a battlefield right now (wait, aren't we all?), may it encourage you.  


{improved adapted from a Martha Stewart Living recipe, October 2011}

Sweet Potato Soup


3 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 leek, white and lt. green parts sliced and rinsed
1 tart green apple, peeled and cubed
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 lbs orange-fleshed sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cubed
4 C chicken stock
1/4 C half and half or heavy cream
salt & pepper
salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Cook garlic and leek until soft, 4 min.
2. Add apple, celery, and ginger. Cook for 3 min.
3. Add sweet potato and stock and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Using an immersion (or stick) blender, blend until entire soup is creamy and smooth. You can also use a blender and work in batches to puree mixture.
6. Remove from heat, and add cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Briefly blend again.
7. Sprinkle with pepitas before serving.


COZY. FALLISH. YUM.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Yum! Yum! This recipe makes me lalalalala love you even more:) Thank you so much for sharing sweet friend! Happy Day to you!
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!
    I love your blog! Newest follower from Finding Beauty in the Ordinary!
    Follow me back via GFC?

    ReplyDelete