Friday, October 05, 2012

Weekend Fall Craft: Falling Leaves Placemats

If you've been around here a while, you know I used to have another blog where a friend and I would post about crafts and recipes. Welp, I thought I'd repost here some ideas I tried last fall because I still love them.   


Personalized Falling Leaves Placemats

I bet you already have fall-colored acrylic paint in your cabinet.
Brown, red, orange and yellow is what you need for this first project.

I bought these at IKEA; a pack of 4 is $5. Whoa. so cheap. And i love that they're cork.
TYST Place mat IKEA
 This is SO easy. Fingerpainted leaves.




I painted our names on each placemat, along the trunk of one tree.



My little guy does NOT like to get his fingers messy, so he was a hard sell on this project. (I don't know ANYONE like that...??) He lasted about 7 minutes before the torture of having paint on his fingers was more than he could stand. I did get a smile out of him though. A half-hearted one
  

My daughter made a jumping pile on hers.


I was happy to have the remaining two placemats to decorate myself.


They're sorta flimsy and may not hold up forever, but I still love how they turned out! A couple fall-colored candles in my centerpiece and a white tablecloth made for a very simple and lovely table arrangement.
 

Five bucks.

Fifteen minutes of fingerpainty fun.

New fall decor.
That's perhaps the best time and money we spent all week.

Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. cute. fun to see your darling people in your space creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are fantastic!! love the color choice for the paints, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea...so FUN! and easy! i may have to copy you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these! Man, I wish I was closer to Ikea. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete