Monday, April 23, 2012

A bit of business and a bit of my heart



Happy Monday, friends!

Welp, we woke up to a wet, grey day outside. Actually, my little buddy did NOT wake up to his alarm. And when I went in to wake him, he just wrapped himself more tightly in his covers, and said, "Please, please can we just stay home today?" When I said, with as much compassion as possible, that that was not gonna happen, he had a few tears, sleepy Monday eyes, and dragging little feet. Me too, buddy. I wanted to stay in bed today too.

But eventually the kids were off, and I now have the perfect opportunity to share some changes with you.

Starting in the month of May, I'm going to begin offering advertising space for my beautiful blog friends. If you have a blog or a shop you'd like to promote here, I'd love to host your ad!



I'll be offering a limited number of feature posts and giveaway opportunities as well, and these will be available for sponsors as well as those of you who don't want to purchase ad space.

If you want to find out more, please see my new Sponsor button on the right sidebar for all the details. (See the cute suitcases?)

So enough business for this rainy Monday morning.

What's on the agenda for YOUR week?

Mine looks a lot like the usual. I'm behind on laundry. Need some groceries. Need to start planning both my kids' birthday parties which will happen next month. Baseball is never ending. Homework is never ending. And I got a voicemail that it's time to schedule my annual lady-doctor appointment. How kind of them to call with such glad tidings. Ugh.

But in my heart...here's what's happening.
I have peace today.
I have joy, not in my circumstances so much, but in the fact - the black and white truth - that I have a God who knows what I need. He is my Hope. That is the word He gave me at the start of 2012. My word.

HOPE.

He knew I'd need that word, those four letters buoyed around me like a life preserver.

Because sometimes things look hopeless. But what echoes in my mind this morning is Colossians 3, what we've been studying in church, and this exhortation:

Since then you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

I died.
And my new life is in Christ.
Today, that's where I find my life. In Him.

I don't want to walk around in my dead flesh, buying into the world's philosophies and solutions.
I have all I need as long as I set my mind on things above.

And then keep resetting it, all day long.


{email me soon if you want to be on for May ad space!
Lnp0202 {at} aol {dot} com, and those are zeros, not Os.)


Photobucket

1 comment: